Janie equates marriage to a bee pollinating a pear tree, and with marriage comes love.
Soon it will be spring, and the bees will be humming around, romance is already in the air (it being St. Valentine’s Day).
I find it funny how marriage or engagement seems to pop up in almost any conversation I have these days.
My best friend is getting married this summer, I am engaged, three of my sorority sisters are engaged, my brother just had his one year anniversary and several of my friends from high school are married, getting married or just got engaged.
Whew!
I wonder if I never really noticed before how many people get engaged over Christmas and in the spring time, but it always brings me back to
Bambi.
Particularly when the wise owl exclaims that Thumper is twitterpated, because that’s what happens in spring time.
So, I believe we could not be reading this novel at better time.
No comments:
Post a Comment